What is MX Pro Android TV Box?
The MX Pro is an ARM-based, Android 7.1 set-top box that claims to be a “Super Android TV Box” with a “professional and high-performance quad-core CPU”. Coming in at about $35-40 on Amazon, it’s certainly a bargain.
As can be expected from a low-cost Android set-top box, most of the technical information and writing on the box isn’t exactly up to snuff. The box boasts that the MX Pro includes “The latest [sic] technology based on the Android system in the box.”
- It Amlogic S905w Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 and 64 bits CPU makes your box running faster than other boxes on market.
- Comes with Google Android 7.1 Marshmallow OS, the newest generation of multimedia player, supporting 4K Ultimate HD video hardware decoding.
- Full web browsing, picture viewing, social networking, make phone calls with Skype, online video chat, play video games, and so on.
- Powerful HDMI cable 17+1 supports to play real 4K source (60HZ, 4320P) with fastest data transmission; Power cable with magnet ring is to suppress common-mode voltage, avoid Electromagnetic interference and protect against the circuit of the Android TV box and Power adapter itself.
- H.265 hardware decoding can save 50% bandwidth resources, Support files directly from USB drive, SDHC cards, or stream from the internet.
This device is using the Android OS which means you can use all apps that have been released for the Android OS.
These apps are available here with installation guide at:
Support HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
4 High speed USB 2.0,support U DISK and USB HDDAudio formats include MP3,WMA,WAV,AC3, AAC and so on.
Support SD/SDHC/MMC cards
SD/HD max.1920×1080 pixel
Support standard RJ45 cable network connection and wireless network connection
Power Supply Specifications:
Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
Power Indicator (LED): Power ON :blue; Standby :Red